Welcome to the home of Abundant Organics.
CATERING AND EVENTS
We’re a catering service with a difference, offering sustainably sourced, organic cuisine that’s also soul food. Our speciality is feeding large groups of 50+ for gatherings, retreats and celebrations such as weddings and birthdays (we’ve even provided catering for a wake). Regardless of the occasion, our aim is to nourish, uplift and inspire.
We specialise in designing grazing tables with an emphasis on seasonal, local ingredients. We offer a variety of services, which we invite you to mix and match to meet the needs of your event. These include:
- Bespoke menu planning based on seasonal and local availability (see a sample menu here)
- Menu adaptations for special dietary requirements (e.g. vegan, gluten-free, FODMAP friendly)
- Elixir bar and artisanal brewed beverages on tap
- Bespoke presentation, including provision of furniture, crockery, cutlery and decor
- Large-scale celebration cakes, including our famous plant-based mousse wedding cakes
CONSULTING AND EDUCATION
We also consult on organic food production and soil building in regional areas through our mobile consulting, education and outreach project, The Abundant Organics Bus (aka TAO Bus). You can find this travelling resource at community events across the country.
The bus itself houses a library comprising old and new literature on topics such as soil science, regenerative land management, organic farming, hydroponics and more. We also offer public talks and workshops for schools and community groups on a wide range of related topics.
These services can be booked for events as part of a catering package, offering guests or participants the opportunity to engage with the origins of the produce on their plates. In such cases, we tailor the content of our educational offering to how the food was grown or sourced within the local area.